Structural Design Patterns
- Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides. Design Patterns Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software, New York: Addison-Wesley, 1995. Print
- This is the original gang-of-four book. It introduced the software engineering world to design patterns, and it is still considered by many as the bible of design patterns.
- Eric and Elisabeth Freeman. Head First Design Patterns, O'Reilly, 2004. Print
- This is our textbook. I like it.
- Eddie Burris. Programming in the Large with Design Patterns, Kansas: Pretty Print Press, 2012, Print
- I purchased the ebook version of this at amazon for a little over a dollar. This book is awesome considering how much it costs. It really simplified and made more understandable the reasons for the design patterns that it covered.
- Source Making , SourceMaking
- This website is really good. I loved the section on "rules of thumb" under structural design patterns. web.
- Bill Venners. Conversation with Erich Gamma, Artima Developer, web. 2005
- This is an excellent interview with Erinch Gamma. He goes into some detail about the thinking behind the original gang of four book.
- doFactory, doFactory
- This is an excellent resource for .NET design patterns. It has good coverage of all of the 23 original GoF patterns.
- Tony Marston, Design Patterns, web. 2004
- This gives an excellent personal perspective of someone who has implemented the various patterns. It included many patterns that aren't in the GoF as well as principles and other concepts.
- Alex, Mastering Software Development web. 2013
- I never really got the bridge pattern until I read this. I thought this source was superb.